The Bluemont Civic Association is a member-driven organization. Please join us, and have a vote! Annual dues are $15 per calendar year per household. Please provide your name, address and e-mail and $15 with your check made out to “Bluemont Civic Association” to BCA Treasurer, PO Box 5134, Arlington, VA 22205. All information is for BCA use only. When we can resume membership meetings in person, dues can be paid at meetings.
Connect with Bluemont!
- Facebook: Like our Bluemont Civic Association page on Facebook for regular updates on news of interest to Bluemont and the civic association activities www.facebook.com/bluemontcivic.
- Website www.bluemontcivic.org for BCA meetings and official information.
- BCA E-Mails: Neighbors who provide their e-mail address to email@example.com receive e-mail reports monthly on issues affecting Bluemont residents, and civic association activities.
- Contact the Executive Board: BCA welcomes comments, suggestions and questions from members. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DRAFT Resolution on APS Elementary School Boundary Proposal
1. The Bluemont Civic Association (BCA) requests that the ongoing Elementary
School Boundary Process should be deferred for a year due to the ongoing COVID-
19 pandemic, as detailed in the Arlington County Council of PTA’s (CCPTA) letter,
dated August 31 (attached).
2. The BCA requests that, if Arlington Public Schools (APS) does not defer the
boundary change process, the Arlington School Board direct APS to take all
possible steps to keep school communities together and intact for the next 1-2
years, until the pandemic has eased and a more comprehensive boundary process
can take place.
3. The BCA endorses keeping the McKinley Elementary community together
during the transition to the new neighborhood elementary school at the Reed site
in order to preserve neighborhood communities and avoid overcrowding at
neighboring schools including Ashlawn and Glebe elementary schools, and to
include provisions for grandfathering rising 5 th graders to their current elementary
schools if their planning units are moved to new schools.
4. BCA requests that planning units 14070 and 14080 be assigned to McKinley
at Reed to promote walkability and because of overcrowding at Glebe
Elementary. NOTE: The authors of the resolution plan to propose an amendment
dropping paragraph 4 in order to make the resolution more inclusive of school
planning units in Bluemont.)
Come honor our Veterans by ringing our neighborhood bell!
The bell is at the corner of Wilson Blvd and George Mason Drive (by Fire Station 2), also known as Constitution Garden Park.
Everyone gets to ring the bell!
We'll have books and flags for the kids and the young at heart.
Come enjoy this family-friendly Arlington tradition!
We’ll practice social distancing, and offer facemasks and hand sanitizer for this outdoor event.
(the bell-ringing lasts for about 20 minutes)
Although public health conditions do not currently allow us to bring a copy to your doorstep, we are pleased to provide you an electronic copy of Neighborhood News at this link http://www.bluemontcivic.org/newsletters/BCA_News_202004.pdf
We plan to update the newsletter and hand-deliver it once that is again possible.
Neighborhood News is normally delivered to homes in Bluemont in April and October. If you would like monthly e-mail updates, please contact email@example.com.